Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Introduction

Season Greetings!

I know for most of you that this is all going to be new in my family, but I am going to try like heck to get all of you connected here. This blog is for the Wathen family. I, Marie, want to start something new and exciting for everyone to explore, hoping that generations to come will enjoy this as much as I am. This year, 2008, am trying to start a new kind of tradition by posting recipes on this website for all of our family members to enjoy. I am starting this by writing letters to everyone in our family to write out 2 of their favorite recipes that they would like to share with the family. I want some thought with these recipes...something that brings memories to that family.
The reasoning behind this is that most of us enjoy cooking. Time after time, I regret not stepping into the kitchen when my mom use to make our favorite dishes. I know a few of them and yes, I will be more than happy to share them with everyone. As everyone can figure out for themselves, around this time of the year, I always have to incorporate some doing with my mother. I told my mom one day before she passed, that I would never let her granddaughter forget about who she was or what she was about. So, here I am keeping my promise and healing in the process by sharing bits and pieces of my mother. I hope that everyone really enjoys this blog and I hope that the next generation keeps it going!

With lots of love,

Marie and Brianna

No comments: