Monday, December 8, 2008

From the Kitchen of Jennifer Wathen and Family

My mom had gotten the idea for beer can chicken from someone at work and she decided to try it. It was just o.k. So I kept thinking about it and decided it would taste good with what I used on regular chicken, which is roasted potato seasoning. You see when we moved to Arkansas I didn't have of stuff to cook with. Well, I had bought a pack of roasted potato seasoning for potatoes and one night I was going to make chicken legs and that's all I had so I put it on them. Needless to say that's how I got the idea for the beer can chicken.


Beer Can Chicken

1 whole frying or roasting chicken.
1 pack of roasted potato seasoning. (produce department)
1 can of beer. (any kind)
1/2 of cup olive oil.
1 beer can chicken rack.

Start by cleaning the chicken and removing any insides packages and neck. Then dump out a 1/2 of the can of beer and set it into the rack. Place the chicken on top of the rack. Wipe down chicken with oil and the seasoning. Make sure you cover the whole chicken with oil and seasoning. Set oven for 350 degrees and place chicken in for 1 1/2 hrs. Let chicken rest for 10min and serve.






This dip is for Emily, Lillian and William. Since they love it so much.


Mexican Bean Dip

1 packages Mexican shredded cheese.
2 packages cream cheese.
2 cans Hormel chili (one regular and on Hot)

Let cream cheese set out for about an hour before making.
Then spread it on the bottom of a cookie sheet or cake pan.
Pour both cans of chili on top making sure to evenly spread both kinds. Then add the whole bag of shredded cheese on top. Set oven on 375 degrees and take out when the cheese on top is melted.

Jennifer Wathen

No comments: